Modernizing Contract Management
Contract management professionals play a significant role in maintaining business continuity through contracts, agreements, and notifications. RMail enables contract management professionals to increase the speed of business with certified e-delivery of critical business documents, along with the ability to get any contract or document signed electronically.
Summary of Benefits
- Retain proof of agreement: When communicating with vendors/buyers, retain verifiable and legal proof of a communication throughout the back-and-forth electronic email dialogue.
- Save money: Save cost of sending certified, return receipt, registered, Fed-Ex, or courier mail and save time by eliminating forms, stuffing, stamping, and mail box sending. Save $5 to $40+ per notice. Most importantly, reduce litigation-associated costs when agreement terms are in dispute.
- Send notices and orders: Send early terminations, cancellation notices, purchase orders change orders, collections notices, shipment notices, and product dispute communications via the Registered Email® service . Emphasizes to the recipient that the sender has proof of email acceptance. Reduces denial of email receipt.
- Increase responsiveness: Get faster response from supplier/buyer. Receiver is aware that the sender has proof of delivery.
- Ease execution of agreements: From print, sign, fax, and mail to simply a “reply” to the email or even a guided electronic signing process. Execute legally binding agreements and contracts electronically. Returns a tamper-detectable electronic record of the agreement and the negotiation process conducted by email.
- Confirm verbally discussed terms, orders, specifications, and changes, in an email electronic form. Returns legal proof of communication.
- Maintain records: Archive drafts of proposed contracts, maintain information under non-disclosure agreements and other agreements. Proves the content of a computerized document at point in time. Maintain electronic record of final and executed versions of agreements.
- Comply with contractual obligations: Send notices by Registered Email® messages and retain proof of notification, specified in contracts. Serve demand letters and emergency notices. Returns legal proof that notice was delivered to each intended recipient. Acceptable form of notice as defined by the courts.
- Prove delivery and content of inbound messages from suppliers: RPost’s Intake™ service provides the capability to receive in-bound data transmissions that can parse into ERP systems, with transport via SMTP email – with accountability for both sender and receiver regardless of what platform the outside customer or supplier is using, and without any special software or systems on either end.
Contract Management Professionals:
- Circumvents ongoing challenges around what e-signature law applies in whatever jurisdiction
- Speeds on-going changes to terms, specification, quantities, pricing, and timing through notices pursuant to the contract notice provisions
- Permits business continuity — speeds “terms of business agreement (TOBA)” when there is no agreement as to international jurisdiction of law, etc. such that the on-going conduct of business between the parties shall become the indication of acceptance of terms noted in the TOBA.
- Maintains durable, verifiable, jurisdiction independent evidence record
- Protects against claims that recipient never received an email
- E-sign solution allows partners, clients and other parties to execute legally-binding contracts electronically
Hear From Our Customers:
Matt Cannon PMO Manager ACE Insurance
“I received a last minute statement of work that needed to be signed before the end of the day. I received the SOW on the day before Christmas so most everyone had already left the office for the holiday. I found one manager who was still online so I sent the SOW through RMail and they were able to easily able to immediately sign the contract. In our old paper days I would have been out of luck.”
Doreen Schmidt Customer Contract Administrator Truven Health Analytics
“I used to have to literally print out hard copies of our Legal contracts and walk them down to the VP of Finance to hand countersign on a daily basis multiple times a day, then go retrieve them when he was done signing them, scan them in, save them, attach them, etc… With RMail, I am able to easily obtain his countersignature any time from my computer and even if he is not in the office he can sign from home or from his iPad if he is travelling. RMail has definitely improved my efficiency at work and helped to streamline a large part of my daily job duties, love it.”
- "Modernize Notice Provisions of Contracts"
By Zafar Khan / Blog
- "Converting Legal & Contract Notices from Paper to Electronic Delivery"
By Stanley Gibson / White Paper
- "Legal Opinions-United States"
- "E-Signature Upgrade Applies Most Evidential Weight Available to Contracts"